BOOKMARK US

Esther Nash
"Absolutely! To be a professional fashion designer, formal training is a must."
 

Take Note To What Industry Professionals & Leaders Have To Say... ONEWAY2 Exclusive Interviews with professionals who have gained experience in the industry and gives advice to our up and coming talents... come and Take Note!
Interested in getting Featured? Email us @ mitchsmithent@aol.com

April Cover | Vinsane


MAG COVER
ENTERTAINMENT
"The Next Great MC"
http://www.myspace.com/mixvinsane

Take one cool dude, mix that with a real personality and a passion for getting things hype, and you have a man named Vinsane. Question: Who is Vinsane? Answer: the next great MC. The best part of this story is that he is right in our backyard. He started in Long Islands own Kings Park .The first element of this equation is the love of music. Without love you have no purpose but when you put that love first everything else just seems to fall into place. Vinsane always loved music but he didn’t start his journey intentionally .He attended Suffolk community college and played baseball for them as well. While playing baseball he made a friend who was already a DJ. He started making a name for himself as being a hype man and quickly became one of the sickest around. The best part about being real at what you do is that you don't have to tell anyone because it speaks for its self. Vinsane is a real cool dude with a approachable style that made it easy to see why he was loved so fast. I had the opportunity to sit down with Vinsane and talk about where he will be in the next 5 years and I must say I want to be along for the ride.








So did you grow up on long island?
Yea Kings Park but I lived it Brooklyn first and moved when I was 2.

So what was your muse for music?
It was definitely my parents; they always kept up with the music that was hot at the time.

So how did they react when you told them that being a MC was something you were serious about?
My parents always supported me ….you knows my mom brags about me now…

So how did this all begin?
Well I graduated from high school and went to Suffolk Community College… I played baseball and had a friend who was a DJ

So was being a DJ something you thought about doing?
I started doing parties at stony brook and local bars and parties.

So how did your name start getting up?
Promoters started hearing about me and I made a lot of friends.

How old were you?
I was19 and I started doing venues for myself.

Who would you say are some of your greatest influences?
DJ Kool, Fat Man Scoop, and DJ AM

What kind of music do you like?
I like all kind of music but mostly hip hop

Do you work outside of being an MC?
I work at "Rockabilly" in East North Port, as a barber...But before I worked there I worked in "Ace of Fades" in Bay Shore NY. Both shops play different but great music so I am surrounded by it all day.

So personal, are you single?
No, I'm not

What's your favorite club that you have worked for?
I would say Whitehouse…Vie got to do a lot of great work there

What can we look forward from you in the future?
I actually hosted an event with Mims in the Hamptons, March 28, 2009. Another project is I’m going to start producing Mixtapes. Also look out for my upcoming events, I’m hosting an event @ Stony Brook University: May 09, 2009, and The First Annual Life Fest @ Oneonta State College April 18, 2009. And look out for me on the MTV show called “Silent Library” airing in June.

So what can we look for as far as music goes from you?

I am actually having a mix tape coming out soon called Radio Ruckus vol. 1

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Well I wouldn’t mind being on MTV or something like that.
I know I want to be on top and that I am going to keep going.



Photographer: Melanie Washeim
Written by: Danielle Miller



8 Comments:

Unknown said...

Looks good, OneWay/2 is on top!!!

Anonymous said...

THATS MY BABY HE IS DESTIN FOR FAME AND FORTUNE!

Anonymous said...

Vinny is #1!

Danielle said...

I love the pics!

Melanie Washeim said...

thanks DMills! Vinsane is the nicest ever :)

Briana said...

That is awesome!! You were always MY favorite MC but now I have to share you with the world...awesome job Vinsane...keep it up baby!!!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the awesome work ! you def have the talent and the drive to make your dreams a reality ! good luck

Jeremy said...

Vinsane is the shit. He kicks it hard...WATCH OUT ALL OTHER MC's!!!!!!!




The City Never Sleeps

FASHION

Photographer: Neef Fresh Photography (www.modelmayhem.com/NeefFresh)
Written By: Ashley Jagmohan
Model: Jessica Rich Aka Rabbit From "Vh1's Real Chance of Love"
Fashion Director: Tamara Albertini




Demi- The Triple Threat

MUSIC

Check out Demi online...
www.myspace.com/demi360
www.rhapsody.com/demi/genesis
Written By: Danielle Miller
Fully story here »